Seeking a position in IT where I can apply my experience and expertise in Infrastructure Management, design and build. Research, Implement and maintain new technology to consolidate and upgrade business services. I have a high desire to apply my extensive knowledge across all IT areas including Management, Virtualization, Networking, Security, Active Directory, Messaging and Technology Architecture.
Senior Systems Administrator with 20+ years of experience in Active Directory, and all aspects of a global messaging infrastructure. Extensive experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, Virtualization with VMWare and NetApp Storage, DNS, anti-virus and anti-spam. Professional outgoing tier 3 support and solutions provider for complex IT strategies and initiatives to reduce maintenance and costs along with providing stable and reliable services. Thrive in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Skills and Experience
Project Management, VMWare ESXi 4.1, Virtualcenter (vCenter), vSphere, NetApp, SnapMirror, Entrust Identity Guard, Powershell, Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, Group Policy, IPsec, SSL, TLS, IIS 6 and 7, Microsoft Terminal Server, Exchange 2007, Exchange 2003, Exchange Migrations, Exchange Consolidations, Exchange Journaling, F5 GTM, F5 LTM (V 9x, v10.0, v11.2), Ironport C350 and M650, Windows 7, XP, Vista, Windows 2003 & 2008, Symantec Brightmail, MXLogic, E-Trust Enterprise, Symantec Enterprise Vault 7.5, Microsoft ISA, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Visio, Active Directory Synchronization, Microsoft Dynamics CRM support, Sonicwall Pro Firewall, Wordpress, C-Panel, Dreamweaver, Photoshop
Proto Labs Inc. march 2015 - present
Lead and manage geographically distributed DevOps team members providing 24/7 global support. Coordinate release management and operational support for all software deployments. Recommend / implement enhanced tools/processes to streamline daily support requirements and defines/owns metrics that can be used as key indicators.
Proto Labs Inc. april 2013 - March 2015
Manage software deployment, configuration, and implement change control. Document deployment procedures for global web sites, intranets and internal applications for manufacturing production.
EFS - T-Chek Systems (CH Robinson Inc.) april 2010 - April 2013
Maintain and upgrade Infrastructure to constantly keep current with changing technology. F5 LTM Administrator. Design, build and manage Entrust Identity Guard authentication system for online Mastercard system. Support, maintain and migrate VMWare ESXi 4.1 and vCenter. Coordinate the installation, functionality and maintenance of NetApp Filer 3140 HA and replication to Chicago for disaster recovery. Installation and migration of VMWare virtual machines from Hitachi SAN to NetApp Filers. Perform 180 day cycle of global password changes for all service accounts. Microsoft Dynamics CRM server and application support. Project lead on SQL Server migration. Physical and virtual server build and deployment.
- Design, Build, Migration and maintenance of virtual web application into highly available (F5 LTM) secure segments and ensure secure communication utilizing IPsec tunnels to back end databases and HP NonStop Tandem.
- VMWare Hardware refresh from standalone servers to Blade/Chassis.
- Documentation Review and refresh of existing outdated procedures and diagrams.
- Entrust Identity Guard implementation for website authentication using Grid Cards and Tokens.
- Coordination of SQL server 2005 to 2008R2 migration for all environments (Development, Quality Assurance, System Integration, Demo, and Production). This includes building of servers and coordination of migration between developers, testers, SQL Administrators, scheduling and leading the execution of migration.
- Built and managed the upgrade of Microsoft Dynamics CRM back end server infrastructure from Windows 2003 and SQL 2003 to 2008R2. Responsible for performance resolution and entity customization imports, integration, and updates.
- Responsible for analyzing and coordinating Development Team requests for server requirements and deployment of requests in a timely and secure manner.
Kroll Ontrack 1996 - 2009
Efficiently managed worldwide Microsoft Exchange operations to ensure reliable and efficient email delivery for global end users. Held multiple titles including Principal Systems Administrator, Sr. Systems Administrator, Network Administrator and Messaging Supervisor. Supported all aspects of their IT infrastructure including network support, server installations, global application delivery, and upgrades. Enterprise level messaging systems integration during the company's multiple mergers and acquisitions.
- Designed, built, maintained, consolidated and upgraded Kroll’s worldwide messaging systems. Including a worldwide migration and consolidation of three Exchange 2003 systems to one global Exchange 2007 system.
- Implemented and supported Symantec Enterprise Vault 7.5 archiving and journaling technology for Exchange 2007.
- Primary administrator and lead for internet DNS for over 550 domains and lead the company-wide migration of DNS from Microsoft 2003 DNS to F5 GTM’s with zero downtime or outages.
- Designed and implemented F5 GTM Wide IP global address distribution topology for Outlook Web Access along with ensuring training and understanding of the technology for successful ongoing support.
- Over 13 years of anti-virus and anti-spam knowledge, support and response management with success.
- Migrated internet anti-virus/anti-spam MXLogic service and Brightmail to a global Ironport appliance implementation which was highly effective by reducing spam and support.
- Supported and maintained Windows 2003 Active Directory and all included services (DNS, WINS, DHCP, Group Policy and security).
- Responsible for implementation, support and updates of three enterprise address books totaling over 70,000 addresses from our parent company using directory synchronization software.
- Designed a fully redundant worldwide hosting environment running Microsoft Windows 2003 IIS for six primary websites and over 100 secondary sites. Managed the migration of our entire web farm from Texas over to the new infrastructure in downtown Minneapolis with zero outages or downtime.
- Successfully researched, implemented and supported the Microsoft Time Zone shift across multiple Exchange systems worldwide with very short and firm deadlines with success.
- Successfully implemented and supported global SSL certificates including messaging TLS.
- Designed and implemented Ontrack’s first worldwide monitoring solution including support documentation and escalation procedures which significantly reduced downtime and troubleshooting while increasing uptime and availability.
- Design, implement and maintain Good Technology mobile messaging service.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile messaging of BES Blackberry services after migration from Good Technologies.
- Responsible for messaging Tier-3 escalation and support.
Normandale Community College Bloomington, MN 1989 - 1993
Benchmark Learning Bloomington, MN 1996 - 2009
- ITIL Essentials
- Upgrading your skills from Exchange 2000/03 to 2007
- Intro to Windows Server 2008
- PowerShell for Administrators
Milestone Systems Minnetonka, MN 2011
- F5 LTM V10.2 Essentials
- F5 LTM V10.2 Advanced
- F5 LTM V11.2 (October 2012)
- F5 LTM V11.2 ASM (December 2012)
Brown Institute Minneapolis, MN 1995 - 1996
- Networking Technologies
- Installation of Novell and Applications
- LAN Administration
- Advanced Administration